Lexington Car Accident Lawyers
A traumatic car accident can change your life forever. Not only will you be dealing with physical injuries but with financial and emotional stress as well. Do NOT let your pain go unheard. At Hare Wynn, we have been dedicated to providing innocent victims the care and legal guidance they need for over 125 years. Our team of Lexington car accident attorneys knows how to fight hard and fast against negligent drivers and their insurance companies.
If you are ready to start on the road to recovery, then give us a call right now at (859) 550-2900, fill out a contact form, or chat with us live to schedule an appointment with one of our compassionate and experienced Lexington car accident lawyers.
How Hare Wynn Can Help
At Hare Wynn, our team of Lexington lawyers understands that every car accident is a unique case that requires skill and innovation to overcome any challenges that may arise. As trial attorneys, our team members are not afraid to take your case to litigation in order to get you the recovery you deserve.
Every one of our members is experienced and brings to the table their own valuable perspective and skill set. Because of this, we are able to handle a wide range of car accident cases including:
- Accidents involving drunk drivers
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Distracted driving accidents
- Accidents involving uninsured/underinsured drivers
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Wrongful death car accidents
The team at Hare Wynn has recovered billions of dollars of compensation for our clients. Our track record speaks for itself and we are ready to put our skills to the test for you.
Contact us today at (859) 550-2900 for a free consultation.
Why Should Hare Wynn Handle your Car Accident Case?
Hare Wynn is a Lexington institution of legal support for our clients. Since 1890, we have earned over 100 verdicts each in excess of $1 million. This level of success has earned us rankings among the “Best Lawyers in America,” the “Leading Firms and Lawyers in America,” and the only Kentucky firm to be named in National Law Journal’s “50 Most Elite Plaintiff’s Firms in America.” These outstanding achievements may sound good, but more importantly, they represent our greatest achievement – billions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
Hare Wynn has the track record that reflects the results you want when you pursue compensation for your car accident claim. Whether we settle with the insurance company or take your case to court, when you select Hare Wynn, you know you are getting the best. We know how to deal with the insurance companies, and we are not afraid to take a case to court because we will not rest until you get the maximum compensation available to you by law.
The most obvious reason to utilize the skill of Hare Wynn in your claim is that we do not charge anything for an initial consultation, so there is zero risk for giving us a call. At your initial meeting, we will review the elements of your case in detail so that you can make the best-informed decision about how to proceed.
What to Do If You Have Been in a Car Accident
Even if you are not injured in a car accident, the confusion and frenzy following one can leave you both physically and mentally drained. However, it is important that you take certain steps following a car crash in order to start the process of developing a strong claim.
Try to remain as calm and as mindfully aware as possible, then take these steps:
- Get Medical Treatment – If you have been injured in the accident, then it is absolutely essential that you seek medical treatment immediately. Do not hesitate to ask for an ambulance to take you to the hospital, no matter how “small” you think your injury may be.
- Collect Information – If you are uninjured, in a safe location, and are able to safely to do so, begin collecting the following information:
- Names and contact information of drivers involved in the accident.
- Insurance information.
- Driver’s license information.
- License plate numbers as well as make, year, and model of the vehicles involved.
- If possible, take pictures of road conditions, road signs, skid marks, and the other cars involved.
- During and After Medical Treatment – If you seek medical treatment, you should:
- Always tell the truth to the doctor(s).
- Make sure to take the medications as prescribed to you.
- Do NOT stop medical treatment until otherwise notified by your doctor.
- Make sure to attend all follow-up appointments.
- Maintain documentation of all your injuries.
- Maintain Documentation – Your lawyer can help you to build a strong case by gathering important documentation, including:
- Police reports.
- Medical documents and reports.
- Photos of the accident and of your injuries.
- Do NOT, at any time, talk about your accident online or on social media.
Most Common Car Accident Injuries
Studies have shown that the victim’s location within the vehicle during the time of the accident has a direct impact on the type of injury they sustain. Aside from this, there are additional factors that can affect the type of injury endured, including:
- Whether or not a seatbelt was worn.
- The angle from which the car was hit (ex. rear, side or front).
- The direction the occupant was facing at the time of the collision.
- The speed at which the crash occurred.
- Whether or not airbags deployed.
Just as every accident occurs under particular circumstances, the type of injury suffered will vary as well. While not every crash will require those involved to seek medical attention, more serious ones can cause permanent damage and even result in physical or emotional disability.
Because of the speeds and force associated with auto accidents, victims may deal with serious injuries that can include but are not limited to:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Scrapes and cuts from broken glass
- Neck and back injuries (whiplash)
- Injuries to the chest including fractures to the rib or sternum
- Facial injuries
- Head injuries
- Internal bleed
- Brain injuries
- Trauma to internal organs
- Emotional and psychological trauma
- Chronic pain
- Wrongful death
If you have been injured in an accident in Lexington it is absolutely important that you seek medical treatment immediately.
The Lexington personal injury attorneys at Hare Wynn understand that serious injuries come with a hefty cost. From medical bills to time missed from work, your financial situation can change drastically. Because of that, our attorneys will work diligently to ensure that you recover everything that is owed to you.
Contact us today at (859) 550-2900 and start on the path to recovery.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
When out on the road, we all are under the duty of care to drive responsibly to avoid an accident. However, when a negligent driver fails in this duty, they become legally responsible for any incident that takes place.
Individuals injured as a result of the at-fault driver’s behavior have a legal right to compensation.
Unfortunately, car accidents can occur for any number of reasons including:
- Bad Weather Conditions – Rain, fog, icy roads, snow, low visibility, and slippery streets are a cause for concern and can easily lead to an accident.
- Speeding – Speeding is extremely dangerous, and when coupled with bad weather or drunk driving, can cause a chain reaction of accidents.
- Cell Phones & Electronic Devices – The huge increase in cell phone and electronic use has made our roads much more dangerous. The use of these devices is quickly becoming one of the leading causes of collisions.
- Intoxicated Drivers – Whether under the influence of alcohol or legal/illegal drugs, an intoxicated driver puts the lives of all other drivers in danger.
- Distracted Driving – Negligent behaviors such as eating, putting on makeup, focusing on the GPS, or general inattention can lead to a car accident.
Because the legal aspects of a car accident can become complex and convoluted, especially when multiple vehicles are involved, it is in your best interest to seek the guidance of a qualified personal injury who can effectively uncover who the at-fault party is.
The Type of Compensation You Can Receive
Understandably, when filing a personal injury case, you will be concerned about the amount of compensation you can receive for your injuries. We understand the financial burden that many personal injury victims face; severe injuries can mean piling medical bills and an inability to return to work.
Because of this, we will seek to recover full damages for your suffering. Our dedicated and compassionate team of Lexington attorneys will help to secure compensation for but not limited to:
- Medical Expenses – Compensation will be provided to cover the costs of medical care related to the injuries you suffered, including past and future medical care costs.
- Loss of Earnings – Any wages lost from your inability to work or any reduction in wages can be recovered.
- Disfigurement – These damages are paid out when a major alteration to your physical appearance affects your ability to live a “normal life.”
- Loss of Quality of Life – These damages are paid out when you are no longer able to enjoy physical activities, personal relationships, and other aspects of life.
- Emotional Distress – These damages cover major psychological damage to the injured party (ex. anxiety or depression).
- Loss of consortium – When your relationships with your spouse or children are negatively affected, these damages may be paid out.
If you, tragically, happen to lose your loved one in a car accident, our experienced attorneys can also help to recover damages for:
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- Property damages.
- Loss of services which include activities and household services your loved one will no longer be able to perform.
Top 10 Reasons to use a Car Accident Attorney
When you are involved in a car accident in the Lexington, KY area, you have a number of choices to make. First, you need to decide whether to pursue a claim at all. Next, you need to consider whether you should utilize an attorney for your claim. Many people feel that they can manage a claim without the assistance of an attorney, but this is simply not the case. In nearly all circumstances, you will be better off with a skilled attorney by your side. Here are 10 reasons to consider a call to Hare Wynn:
- For more than 125 years, Hare Wynn has helped our clients win cases.
- Hare Wynn is experienced in successful Lexington car accident claims.
- We offer a no-fee guarantee, so you pay nothing unless you win your case.
- Hare Wynn knows the tricks that the insurance companies play, and we will make sure you get what you deserve.
- A Hare Wynn attorney will always be available to answer questions about your case.
- We handle all legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on your recovery and your life.
- We are passionate about helping injury victims in our Lexington community
- Hare Wynn will help you get the best medical care available.
- As experienced litigators, we will take your case to court if needed.
- We are committed to pursuing justice for you.
When you are making the important decision as to whether you should take on your accident claim by yourself or with the help of an attorney, the choice should be clear: Hare Wynn wins cases for our clients. Our success rate is supported by our long-standing presence in the legal community in support of injured victims here in Kentucky. Choose the firm that can get you results. Choose Hare Wynn.
Lexington Car Accident Statistics
The Lexington Police department does an excellent job of summarizing accident statistics on an annual basis. This lets us know the leading causes of car accidents in the region, as well as the most dangerous intersections in our area.
In a review of the car accidents that occurred in the Lexington area 2017, the highest factors were driver inattention, out-of-control driving, and failure to yield. One of these factors likely played a part in your accident, and at Hare Wynn, we strongly believe that the responsible parties should pay.
The 2018 Lexington Police Department traffic report indicates that running red lights is a major problem causing many injury accidents. The most dangerous intersections in Lexington for red light disobedience include:
- E Main Street and Elm Tree Lane
- Moore Drive and Nicholasville Road
- E Vine Street and Rose Street
- E-W Main Street and N-S Limestone
- Liberty Road and Old Todds Road
These intersections each saw 6-7 injury collisions over the course of the year. This data shows us that we need to display extra vigilance while proceeding through these areas. If you have been harmed in an accident in any of these intersections, please do not hesitated to call us at Hare Wynn for a free consultation to review your claim.
When it comes to accidents that occur at intersections, the Lexington Police Department indicates that the most common cause is overwhelmingly the failure to yield the right of way. The other common factors include overall inattention and then a collection of other factors that each make up less than 2% each, including drug and alcohol use, unsafe speeds, driving out of control, driving improperly and several other factors.
When you experience an injury accident in an intersection, it is imperative that you collect information about the specific circumstances that were involved because this will be valuable evidence in your case. Contact us at Hare Wynn to review this information and to create a legal strategy for your case.
Lexington police highlighted alcohol collision data for 2017 in their most recent report, showing that of the 5,350 alcohol-related collisions, 137 resulted in fatalities. If you suffered the loss of a loved one due to an alcohol-related accident, please accept our most sincere condolences. Hare Wynn is available to assist you with a wrongful death claim for your loss so that you can recover damages for medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, as well as to establish a financial legacy for your family member. They may be gone, but they will never be forgotten.
Contact a Lexington Car Crash Attorney
When facing a life-changing auto accident, you deserve justice. You deserve attention. You deserve to have your voice heard. We work with a supporting team of medical experts, engineers, investigators, accident research specialists, and other professionals to deliver the results you deserve.
Hare Wynn fights for those without a voice. Contact us today at (859) 550-2900 for a free consultation.