Lexington Valsartan Attorney
In 2018, a probable human carcinogen was detected in valsartan, an oral medication given to patients in order to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, or to provide care for those who had suffered a heart attack.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a recall of several drugs products containing the active ingredient valsartan. The products had been tainted by the carcinogen, N-nitrosodimethylamine, otherwise known as NMDA.
NMDA has been linked to an increased risk of developing liver, kidney, colorectal, stomach, bladder, or pancreatic cancer. If you or any of your loved ones are taking one of these recalled drugs, you could be at risk, too.
The Lexington Valsartan lawyers of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP have made it their life’s mission to seek out and help those that have placed their trust in pharmaceutical companies, only to be betrayed by negligent, malicious, or fraudulent behavior. Let us use our experience to help you secure the financial recovery and justice you need to begin piecing your life back together.
If you or someone you love is affected by any recalled drug containing valsartan, contact Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP at (859) 550-2900 or online for a FREE case evaluation.
About Valsartan Recalls and Lawsuits
Valsartan is used in angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARB) to treat high blood pressure and heart failure. Individuals who have suffered a heart attack are also prescribed valsartan to improve their chances of living.
Valsartan was first approved by the FDA in 1996.
That is, until recently when overseas manufacturers had contaminated certain lots with the chemical, NMDA. These types of chemicals are genotoxic impurities, meaning that these substances have the ability to cause mutations to your genetic information, ultimately leading to cancer. This can even occur in low levels of exposure as well.
It is important to note, however, that not all drugs that contain valsartan are compromised. One clear way to tell would be to check the FDA’s website for an up-to-date list of contaminated products containing valsartan which have been recalled.
Some of the main manufacturers of valsartan-containing products which are being recalled include:
- Mylan Pharmaceutical Company
- Hetero Labs Limited (India)
- Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical (China)
Aside from valsartan products from these manufacturers, you may also see other pharmaceutical products, such as:
- A-S Medication Solutions
- Bryant Rank Prepack
- Camber Pharmaceuticals
- Hetero Labs, Inc.
- HJ Hawkins Company
- Major Pharmaceuticals
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Northwind Pharmaceuticals
- NuCare Pharmaceuticals
- Preferred Pharmaceuticals
- Prinston Pharmaceuticals
- RemedyRepack Inc.
- Solco Healthcare
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
Many of these recalled drugs can cause a number of disabling injuries and side effects.
If you have suffered any serious health issues or consequences as a result of taking a valsartan-containing recalled drug, contact the defective drug attorneys of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP immediately. Call us right now at (859) 550-2900 for a FREE case evaluation.
Side Effects and Symptoms Caused by Valsartan Injuries
If you are taking a drug containing valsartan and are experiencing any of the following symptoms or side effects of NMDA exposure, see a doctor immediately:
- Abdominal cramps
- Liver, kidney, and/or lung issues
- Liver fibrosis, scarring, or other types of liver damage
Long-term exposure to NMDA can also increase your risk of developing debilitating cancers such as:
- Liver cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Colorectal cancer
If you are experiencing any of the above, medical attention is required. Aside from getting treatment, the documentation provided from a hospital visit can help the product liability lawyers of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP prove that you are suffering from the toxic effects of valsartan exposure.
What to Do If You Are Taking a Recalled Valsartan Drug
If you or someone you love is taking a recalled drug product that contains Valsartan, our Lexington defective drug lawyers recommend that you:
- Contact your medical provider (e.g. doctor, physician, pharmacist, etc.) to check if there is an alternative medication option or a different method of treatment available.
- If your doctor states to continue taking the recalled medicine, continue to do so. Sometimes, skipping out on dosages may cause more health issues than would occur if you just continue taking it instead. Please be aware that not all medicinal drugs containing valsartan may be affected by recall. This is an important distinction. If you are uncertain, a quick call to your pharmacist can help clear out any kind of confusion you may have. You can also check the FDA recall list.
- If you are suffering from any of the side effects mentioned previously, seek medical attention immediately. Not only is it essential to your health but any documentation you receive while seeking medical treatment can be used later as evidence.
- Contact the experienced Lexington product liability lawyers of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP.
With the right type of legal representation by your side, you may qualify to recover the necessary compensation needed to heal and begin the process of recovery.
Contact us right now at (859) 550-2900 to learn more about your legal options.
Compensation Rendered for Injuries Sustained from Recalled Valsartan Products
If you have suffered debilitating injuries and/or other side effects from taking a recalled drug containing valsartan, our Lexington defective drug attorneys are steadfast in their resolve to earn you fair and full compensation.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may qualify to recover damages for:
- Medical Expenses – This type of compensation covers current and future medical expenses related to the injury you have suffered.
- Pain and Suffering – Damages of this nature involve quality of life changes; these damages will vary on a case-to-case basis.
- Loss of Wages and Future Earnings – The side effects and injuries caused by using a defective drug may leave you out of work for quite a long time. In an effort to recover any lost current or future earnings, our product liability lawyers will fight to gain coverage for these damages so that you can offset any financial issues you are dealing with.
- Loss of Consortium – Injury doesn’t just affect the victim. Often, the family members of victims suffering from NMDA exposure are affected as well. This category of damages covers injuries that affect the relationships you have with your spouse and/or children.
- Punitive Damages – When manufacturers of defective drug products like valsartan act in a manner that can be considered grossly negligent, malicious, or fraudulent, they are putting the lives of innocent individuals at risk. These damages are a punishment to these manufacturers and at an attempt to dissuade other companies from acting in such a negligent manner as well.
- Wrongful Death Expenses – If you have lost a loved one that perished due to the injuries caused by valsartan, our product liability lawyers can help your family secure certain types of damages to help with any funeral costs and other financial losses incurred due to the wrongful death.
Please be aware that you have one (1) year in the state of Kentucky to file a personal injury, product liability, or wrongful death claim.
We are ready to hear your story and defend your rights. Do NOT let these negligent companies take advantage of you. Let the Lexington defective drug claim attorneys of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP help you seek out the justice and financial recovery you deserve. Contact us today at (859) 550-2900 for a FREE case evaluation.
Why You Need the Product Liability Lawyers of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP
For years, we have provided the people of Lexington with unparalleled legal services. Our commitment to our community and our desire to set things right for those living in this great city has helped us to stand out amongst our peers.
Today, we are seeking out anyone that has been negatively affected by a recalled drug containing valsartan. Together with a team of medical professionals, investigators, researchers, and other legal professionals, we can fully analyze your claim in order to deliver the strongest case possible. We are invested in understanding exactly how valsartan has harmed you and what needs to be done in order to correct the wrongs done to you.
Our team of defective drug attorneys thoroughly understand state and federal product liability laws that can affect the outcome of your case. When you choose Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, you are choosing to work with a team that puts you first. Let us do all the heavy lifting while you focus on healing.
Trust in the product liability lawyers of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP to get the job done.
We know that trust is a hard thing to come by, and once it is lost, it is near impossible to gain back. These manufacturers have broken your trust, and they are hoping that you lack the ambition to make them pay for their mistakes.
Don’t let them take you for granted. Recruit the help of the experienced product liability attorneys at Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP for a team of respected and committed attorneys who can effectively represent your claim and help you to secure the recovery you rightfully deserve.
Contact us at (859) 550-2900 for a FREE case evaluation from one of our Lexington defective drug attorneys.