Have you or a loved one recently been injured in an accident in Lexington, KY? You could be entitled to substantial compensation if someone else is to blame. You can count on the experienced Lexington personal injury lawyers at Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP to help you maximize your recovery.
Our nationally acclaimed firm has been standing up for the rights of accident victims for more than 130 years. Between hard work, persistence, and passion, we’ve been able to recover more than $1 Billion in compensation for our clients.
Contact our law offices, conveniently located in downtown Lexington just around the corner from Rupp Arena, to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Our team is available to help 24/7/365, contact us or call (859) 550-2900 today.
Why You Need Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP After an Accident in Lexington
You may have the right to file a claim, but getting the money you deserve isn’t always easy. The insurance company knows how stressed out you are right now. Adjusters will try to take advantage of this and try to get you to settle as quickly and as cheaply as possible.
Having the Lexington personal injury lawyers at Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP fighting for you can make all the difference in the world. We’re respected and accomplished trial attorneys. Insurance companies know this, and it’ll offer you a huge advantage as you fight for full compensation.
- We’re nationally-acclaimed litigators, recognized for our top-tier legal representation by SuperLawyers, Best Attorneys Of America, National Law Journal, Benchmark Litigation, and Woodward and White’s Best Lawyers in America – among others.
- Collectively, our attorneys have than 130+ years of legal experience.
- Our law firm has won billions of dollars in life-changing compensation for our clients.
- Our team includes Board Certified Civil Trial Specialists by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- We’ve been named among Lawdragon “500 Leading Lawyers in America” and in the National Law Journal’s “50 Most Elite Plaintiffs Firms in America.”
The awards and distinctions we’ve received reflect the effort we put forth in serving our clients. At Hare-Wynn, you’ll get experts on your side. Our goal is to get everything done the right way to achieve over-the-top results for our clients by treating them just like family.
Call our law firm in Lexington today to learn how to help you recover the most from your case.
I Got Hurt in an Accident in Lexington. Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
When you suffer an injury at the hands of another person’s negligence, reckless behavior, or intentionally harmful actions, you may have legitimate grounds to file a claim. You could also have the right to file a claim or lawsuit if you’ve been injured because of a defective product, bitten by a dangerous dog, or the victim of an intentional act of violence.
Ask yourself these questions: Did I get hurt because of something another person did? Could my injuries have been avoided if that person had acted more reasonably? If you’ve answered “yes,” then don’t hesitate to call our personal injury attorneys in Fayette County. We’ll listen to your side of the story, help you understand what options are available, and put together a plan to help you seek compensation if you have a case.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Lexington?
- You Only Have One Opportunity to Win: You’ve got one shot at recovering compensation for your injuries. Hiring a lawyer will simply increase the likelihood of success. Studies show that accident victims who hire lawyers tend to win more often than those who don’t. Hire a lawyer to make the most out of your case.
- You’re More Likely to Maximize Your Recovery: According to the Insurance Research Council, hiring a lawyer can mean getting more money for your personal injury case. Research showed that victims working with attorneys recovered up to 3.5 times as much compensation as those pursuing a claim on their own.
- It’s Important to Level the Playing Field: The insurance company will have an advantage from the start. After all, they handle cases like yours every day. They know the processes and have strategies in place to get you to walk away with way less than you deserve. Hiring a lawyer puts you on level ground. It forces the insurance company (and other defendants) to consider your case in good faith and offer a truly fair deal.
- You Deserve Time to Rest: Now isn’t the time to stress about a lawsuit or insurance claim. Now is the time to focus on recovering from your physical injuries and emotional wounds. Hiring a lawyer gives you the time and space to do that.
When choosing a Lexington personal injury attorney, you want to consider results, compassion, and responsiveness to you and your case. Choose Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP and get the team you deserve standing beside you.
Our Practice Areas
We handle all cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Catastrophic injury
- Tractor-trailer truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Other premises liability matters
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Traumatic brain injury
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents and injuries
- Workers’ compensation
- Product liability cases involving defective and dangerous products
- Wrongful death, and more.
If you’ve been hurt or have tragically lost a family member, our Lexington personal injury law firm is here to help. We know how much is at stake, and we’re ready to help you fight for the financial justice you deserve. Call today to get started with a free initial consultation.
How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
There are a variety of factors that can influence the value of a claim, such as:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your ability to work in the future
- Cost and type of medical treatment you need going forward
- Pain and suffering
- The effect on your relationship with your spouse, and
- Lost wages and difference in salary since the accident.
Since there’s no set formula in calculating your recovery, the facts of your case must be taken into careful consideration. At Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, we have unbeatable experience and success in all types of cases. We’re ready to use our knowledge to help you get your life back after your accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Lexington, KY?
In Kentucky, most personal injury lawsuits have to be filed within a year of an accident. This deadline applies to slip and fall accidents, nursing home abuse cases, and other negligence actions.
Lawsuits related to auto accidents are subject to special rules in the Bluegrass state. There’s a separate statute of limitations for claims involving the state’s no fault car insurance system. In Kentucky, most car accident cases are resolved through “personal injury protection” car insurance coverage regardless of who was at fault.
If your injuries cost more than what your PIP insurance covers, then you can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. The statute of limitations for this lawsuit – which is two years – begins to run on the date of the accident or the date you received your last “personal injury protection” payment, whichever occurs later.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Get After an Accident?
If you decide to go to trial after being injured in an accident, you may be entitled to both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include money for financial losses that you can calculate, like:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses.
Non-economic damages include money for things that are more difficult to put a set dollar amount on, like:
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma, and
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Non-economic damages are difficult to put a number to, so it’s essential to find an experienced attorney that can effectively advocate on your behalf.
In rare cases, the jury may also award punitive damages. However, this is only the case when it can be established that the defendant’s conduct was oppressive, fraudulent, or malicious.
Can I Still Get Money If I’m Being Blamed For an Accident?
Maybe – as long as someone else shares some of the blame, too. Kentucky has pure comparative negligence laws. This means that sharing fault won’t automatically bar you from recovering compensation. But, your financial award will be reduced by your degree of responsibility for the accident.
If you’re assigned 20 percent of the blame your damages will be reduced by 20 percent.
Even though you may still recover if you are at fault, there may be a significant reduction in your award of damages. So, it’s essential to find the right attorney to handle your case. At Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, we know that insurance companies love to blame the victim. We also have decades of experience fighting back against these unfair tactics. Call us for immediate assistance with your case today.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. So, you pay nothing upfront. In exchange, your attorney is paid a pre-agreed-upon percentage of your financial award. This is usually anywhere between usually between 33 percent and 40 percent.
You do not owe our lawyers anything or pay anything unless your lawyer successfully recovers compensation through a verdict or settlement on your behalf. This structure gives lawyers an incentive to work as hard as possible to win your case.
Our personal injury attorneys in Lexington are ready to help you – and assume all of the risk in the process. Call us to get started with a free case evaluation now.
What Is Negligence and How Do I Prove It?
Most cases are based on negligence. In order to win your case, you, as the plaintiff, must prove that the defendant was negligent.
In Kentucky, there are four elements in proving negligence:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care
- The defendant breached the duty owed to the plaintiff
- The breach of the duty caused the plaintiff’s injury
- The plaintiff suffered an injury from the breach of duty
Proving causation, the third element, can be the most difficult. You have to prove that the defendant’s conduct was a substantial factor in bringing you harm and that no rule of law relieves the defendant from liability.
Since there are many nuances in proving negligence, it’s essential to hire the right attorney. Our highly experienced team thrives in these high-stakes cases. Get in touch with us to learn more about proving negligence and winning your personal injury case.
What Are the Odds that My Personal Injury Case Will Go to Trial?
About 1 out of every 25 personal injury cases goes to trial. That means that roughly 96% of civil lawsuits like yours end up settling. But, whether or not your case goes to trial will depend on:
- Whether liability is clear
- The insurance company’s willingness to negotiate, and
- Ultimately, what you want to get out of your case.
At Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, we prepare every case for trial, regardless of whether your claim is large or small. This effort maximizes the result for our clients time and time again.
Being prepared and serious about going to trial puts the defense on notice of the reality of your injuries and suffering, which leads to more favorable settlements. However, the choice is yours when deciding if you want to pursue a settlement or jury trial.
What Should I Do If I’m Injured in an Accident in Lexington, KY?
Don’t underestimate the importance of what you do after an accident in Lexington. Keep these steps in mind – both to keep yourself healthy and support a future personal injury case.
- Stay at the scene and document your injuries.
- Call to report the incident to the police.
- Don’t apologize or admit fault – it could hurt your ability to recover compensation.
- Get to a doctor and seek medical attention as soon as you can.
- Keep track of your accident-related costs – like medical bills, income you’ve lost, and the expense of repairing damaged property.
- Don’t offer statements to insurance adjusters on the record.
- Direct all conversations about your injury claim to your attorney.
Speak with our personal injury lawyers in Lexington as soon as you can after you get hurt. We’ll be ready to jump into action and help you get on the path to physical, emotional, and financial recovery.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
It depends – you ultimately have control over how long it takes to see your case through to the end. Often, people are ready for a quick settlement, but this does not guarantee maximum recovery. In fact, accepting an early offer often means getting way less than your case is really worth. It can take time to really secure the results you deserve.
At Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, we are transparent about the process and the timeline to effectively prepare your case. Since every case is prepared for litigation, our attorneys make sure you know the timeline to prepare your case, whether it be two months or two years.
We want you to know the truth and that your interests are represented to the fullest extent of the law. We maintain constant contact with our clients and update them continuously along the way.
Contact Our Lexington Personal Injury Attorneys For a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
As one of the leading plaintiff litigation firms in America, we understand the burdens associated with being seriously injured with no fault of your own. If you’ve been hurt in an accident in Lexington, call Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, today to speak to one of our trial lawyers about your case.
We are dedicated first and foremost to the service we provide for our clients like you. We take pride in representing you as effectively as we can. Take advantage of our vast resources to help you obtain maximum compensation. Contact us today; we are here to listen. It’s essential to get started now so you have the opportunity to recover.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Lexington, KY
Local Resources in Lexington, KY
Auto Repair Shops
- Lowell’s-111 Mechanic St, Lexington, KY 40507
- Lexington Autoworks-417 S Mill St, Lexington, KY 40508
- Ashley’s Wheel & Brake Service-235 E 2nd St, Lexington, KY 40507
- Wheels Auto Services & Car Align-158 Cox St, Lexington, KY 40508
- Complete Chiropractic and Family Wellness-524 E 2nd St, Lexington, KY 40508
- Chiropractic Pain & Injury Center-340 Legion Dr, Lexington, KY 40504
- Shirar Chiropractic-1057 S Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504
- Arena Chiropractic PLLC-403 Marquis Ave, Lexington, KY 40502
- Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy-230 W Main St Suite B, Lexington, KY 40507
- UK Physical and Occupational Therapy Clinic-125 E. Maxwell St., Suite 101, Lexington, KY 40508
- Senior Rehab Project-441 N Limestone, Lexington, KY 40508
- Fayette County Clerk’s Office-162 E Main St, Lexington, KY 40507
- Supreme Court Justice-300 W Vine St UNIT 2201, Lexington, KY 40507
- United States District Court-101 Barr St, Lexington, KY 40507
- Circuit Judges-120 N Limestone # 534, Lexington, KY 40507
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Most Recent Personal Injury Blog Posts
- Should I Call 911 After a Car Accident in Lexington, KY?
- How Long Does a Nursing Home Case Take to Get a Settlement In Lexington, KY
- Breaking Down Attorney-Client Privilege: What it Means and How it Can Affect Your Case
- New Movement Focuses on Cameras in Nursing Homes
- Two Teenagers Face Allegations of Abusing a Nursing Home Resident