If you are injured in a car accident on a dangerous road in Lexington, KY, you may be entitled to damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. But an at-fault driver’s insurance company will not go down without a fight. Before you accept a low settlement offer for your injuries, talk to a seasoned attorney at Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP,
Any personal injury lawyer can pursue damages against a negligent driver. But having a lawyer who understands when and how government agencies may be responsible for your accident can ensure all avenues of potential liability are evaluated. At Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, we’ve fought for 130 years. So, we know how to determine who was at fault for your crash and how to hold them responsible.
How our Lexington Car Accident Lawyers Can Help Following a Car Accident
At Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, we have witnessed firsthand how a devastating accident can change the course of a client’s life. Your medical expenses may be piling up, and you may not be able to work due to your injuries. Consequently, you may be wondering how you are going to pay these bills. Fortunately, you can recover compensation for your damages after an accident with a careless driver or a dangerous road condition. And our Lexington car accident lawyers can help.
The law office of Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP has been helping injured clients like you since 1890. We’ve been in business this long because we know how to achieve results for our clients. In fact, we’ve recovered billions on behalf of Lexington injury victims. Our elite injury lawyers can put their winning experience to work for you.
When you hire our Lexington personal injury attorneys, you can expect us to:
- Pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and damages
- Investigate the causes and circumstances of your accident
- Calculate the full extent of your losses, employing experts where necessary
- Handle all negotiations with insurance companies and defense lawyers
- Reject any settlement offer that gives you less than you deserve
- Take the at-fault parties to trial if they won’t offer a fair settlement
Your choice of attorney can mean the difference between a minimal settlement and maximum compensation. You want experience on your side. Contact the award-winning trial lawyers at Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP today for your free consultation.
How Common are Car Accidents in Lexington, KY?
Lexington is the second-most populous city in Kentucky after Louisville. There are also numerous major intersections and highways that run through the city. So, there are bound to be car accidents.
The Lexington Police Department publishes an annual report which provides significant insight into how many collisions occur in the region.
The following car accidents occurred in 2019, the most recent year for which crash data is available:
- Overall there were 16,375 collisions reported in Lexington.
- There were 25 fatal crashes in Lexington, resulting in 33 fatalities. The number of fatalities for 2019 was the same for 2018.
- Inattention remained the top contributing factor for collisions in 2019 and 2018.
- There was a 73% decrease in pedestrian fatalities in 2019 from 2018.
If you were injured or lost a loved one on a dangerous road or intersection in Lexington, contact our experienced personal injury lawyers today. We will discuss your legal options in a free consultation. When you speak with one of our attorneys, we will listen to your story, answer your questions, and explain your rights to compensation.
What Roads are Dangerous in Lexington?
No discussion of dangerous roads in Lexington is complete without mentioning Interstate 75, which runs north to south in the eastern half of Kentucky. In 2019, WYMT News reported that there were more crashes on I-75 in the last decade than on any other highway in Kentucky. Interstate-75 is often used by vehicles coming from Ohio, Tennessee, or other states, meaning accidents on I-75 in Lexington may involve drivers from other states.
According to the Lexington Police Department, the top intersections for intersection crashes in 2019 were:
- E-W Reynolds Rd & Nicholasville Rd (33 collisions)
- Man o’ War Blvd & Pleasant Ridge Dr-Sir Barton Way (29 collisions)
- Red Mile Rd-Virginia Ave & S Broadway (25 collisions)
- Man o’ War Blvd & Nicholasville Rd (24 collisions)
- Russell Cave Rd & W New Circle Rd (24 collisions).
The most dangerous intersection in Lexington for injury collisions was E. New Circle Road & Tates Creek Road (9 injury collisions). In 2018, the most dangerous intersection for injury collisions was Man O War Blvd and Tates Creek Road.
The top streets/road locations for collisions in Lexington in 2019 were:
- Man O’ War Blvd between Alumni Dr & Easthills Dr (42 collisions)
- E New Circle Rd between Life Ln-Woodhill Dr & Palumbo Dr (35 collisions)
- Man O’ War Blvd between Helmsdale Pl & Liberty Rd-todds Rd (34 collisions)
- Alumni Dr between Man o’ War Blvd & Yellowstone Pkwy 30 (collisions)
- E New Circle Rd between Creative Dr & Young Dr (30 collisions)
- E New Circle Rd between Golden Way & N Limestone-old Paris Rd (30 collisions).
In 2019, the most dangerous road location for injury collisions was Russell Cave Road, between Park Pl and W. New Circle road (9 injury collisions). In 2018, the most dangerous road location for injury collisions was E. New Circle Road between Floyd Drive and Meadow Lane (8 injury collisions).
What are Common Causes of Car Accidents in Lexington?
Any accident can have one or more contributing causes. Some of the most common causes of injury and fatal accidents in Kentucky include distracted driving, failing to yield or obey traffic laws, ignoring speed limits, and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
The Lexington Police Department reports the main causes of a crash are:
- Alcohol involvement
- Disregarding traffic control, such as red lights
- Drug involvement
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to stay in lane
- Failure to yield right of way
- Improper left turn
- Fatigue/falling asleep
- Following too closely
- Improper passing
- Weaving in traffic.
Other non-driver causes of Lexington car accidents:
- Negligent pedestrians: If a pedestrian darts into the roadway, or is distracted by their cell phone, they may cause an accident resulting in their injury or death.
- Vehicle manufacturing defect: The manufacturer of a vehicle may be liable if a vehicle part or component (such as a defective tire or brake) causes a crash.
- Road maintenance negligence: If a roadway construction crew does not notify motorists of road work and need for reduced speed, they may be liable for injuries or deaths resulting from their negligence.
The Kentucky state police, highway patrol, or other police department investigative report may not be thorough enough to determine the cause of an accident. Having an attorney thoroughly investigate your crash will ensure every possible contributing factor is evaluated and reviewed – and all liable parties identified.
We Fight For Compensation for All of Your Injuries
At Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP, we fight to recover compensation for all of your injuries after an accident, including:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Scrapes and cuts from broken glass
- Neck and back injuries (whiplash)
- Injuries to the chest, including fractures to the rib or sternum
- Facial injuries
- Head injuries
- Internal bleed
- Brain injuries
- Trauma to internal organs
- Emotional and psychological trauma
- Chronic pain
- Wrongful death
In fact, we pursue every cent of economic and non-economic damages you are entitled to. Economic damages make up for your financial losses after an accident, including past and future medical expenses, lost wages, reduced earning capacity, and property damage. Noneconomic damages compensate your for subjective, non-financial losses after your injury, such as pain and suffering, disfigurement, and emotional distress.
It’s impossible to calculate the full extent of your damages without a thorough investigation. Contact us today if you’re interested in learning how much your case may be worth.
Who Is Liable for Accidents At Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Kentucky?
In Kentucky, anyone who is responsible for an accident can be held liable. This is often due to negligence or recklessness, but liability can also stem from intentional acts such as road rage.
Potentially liable parties for a Lexington car accident include:
- Negligent drivers
- Rideshare operators (Uber, Lyft, etc.)
- Careless or distracted pedestrians or bicyclists
- Bus drivers
- Emergency response vehicle drivers
- Truck drivers
- Limousine/black car companies
- Employers of negligent drivers
- Lextran (Transit Authority of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government)
- Government agencies responsible for roadway design and maintenance.
The only way to determine what parties may be liable for an accident is to perform a full investigation. But you should not delay. Kentucky’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases is only one year. If you do not file your case within one year of your accident, you will lose your right to compensation.
The attorneys at Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP have the resources to evaluate all potential causes of your injury, which is why we leave no stone unturned. Our highly organized legal team tracks all filing dates and deadlines, so you never lose your right to compensation due to a technicality. Call today for a free case evaluation.
What If You Are Partially At Fault for a Kentucky Car Accident?
It is possible that you could share blame for your accident – whether you were a driver, motorcyclist, pedestrian, or bicyclist. After all, multiple parties can share fault for a crash. Kentucky is a “pure comparative fault” state under Kentucky Revised Statutes section 411.182.
If you are injured in a car accident for which you are partially at fault, your compensation will be reduced by your degree of fault. Even if you were 99% at fault for an accident, you could still recover money for the other party’s 1% fault.
Insurance companies use this rule to their advantage. If they can shift blame to you, they can reduce their payout. Our injury attorneys know their tricks and can dispute allegations that you caused your accident.
Get a Free Consultation With a Lexington Car Accident Lawyer
Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP has a long history of successful verdicts and settlements, including for accidents at some of Kentucky’s most dangerous roads and intersections. If you’ve been involved in an accident on a dangerous road or intersection, we are here to help protect your legal rights and obtain the fair compensation you deserve.