At Hare Wynn we understand how serious car accidents can be and we want to help you get the compensation you need. Medical bills, serious injury, pain, and suffering can take a major toll on your life. When you’re recovering from an accident, adding paperwork and negotiations to the mix can be overwhelming. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, let us help you recover.
Contact us today at (859) 550-2900, fill out a contact form, or chat with us live to schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable member of our team today.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
There are many types of car accidents, and each presents unique challenges. At Hare Wynn we’ve handled every aspect of car accident cases, and we have decades of experience helping our clients recover. Whether it’s investigating the cause of an accident, negotiating for the maximum amount of recovery, or litigating the case in court, we have the experience and resources to help you succeed. We handle all types of car accident cases including:
- Drunk drivers and drivers under the influence of drugs. When alcohol and drugs mix with driving, the combination can be lethal. We’ll pursue justice in alcohol and drug accident cases and work to get you the recovery you need.
- Hit and run collisions. When a driver causes a hit and run, you’ll need to work with local authorities and investigate the accident. We’ll work with local investigators to find the person responsible and bring them to justice.
- Rollover accidents. Rollover accidents can lead to serious injury and death. Whether the cause was a collision, a car part failure, or any other cause, we can help build your case.
- Rear-end collisions. When a driver rear-ends you, they’re almost always at fault. Rear-end collisions can cause whiplash and other serious injuries.
- Distracted driving. More and more Americans are driving while distracted. Cellphones and in-car entertainment systems are taking drivers’ focus off the road where it belongs.
- Uninsured/underinsured drivers. Uninsured and underinsured drivers are a serious threat to others on the road. If you’ve been injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver, we’ll work with your insurer and pursue recovery through the legal system.
- Commercial vehicle accidents. When a commercial driver hits you, they and their employer may be liable. We’ll investigate who was responsible, and we’ll work with insurers to get you compensation.
- Motorcycle collisions. Motorcycles can be a lot of fun, but they can also be dangerous. When they’re involved in an accident, it’s easy for the rider to be hurt. We have extensive experience in helping motorcycle accident victims secure fair compensation after a crash.
- Reckless driving. Reckless drivers disregard the safety of others on the road. If you’ve been injured by a reckless driver, we’ll work with authorities and fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
- Wrongful death. When someone causes a fatal accident on the road, you need an experienced firm who understands. We’re proud to help the families and estates of those who suffered a wrongful death.
Our attorneys have a proven track record of successful verdicts and settlements handling cases like yours. Let us help you get the justice you deserve.
Top 10 Reasons to Hire a Car Accident Attorney
When you are involved in a car accident here in Kentucky, you are faced with a number of scenarios for how to proceed. You may be eligible for compensation for your injuries, but first, you need to decide whether to pursue a claim at all. At Hare Wynn, we strongly believe that the people responsible for your injuries should be held accountable. We are happy to review how you can seek compensation for your injuries and property damage with as little impact to your life as possible.
Once you decide you want to proceed with a claim to recover damages to you and your property, you need to decide if you should utilize an attorney to assist with your claim. Some people feel that you do not need the help of an attorney if you are just going to negotiate with the insurance company. This cannot be further from the truth. The insurance companies are highly skilled negotiators, and if you go up against them without an attorney by your side, you will almost certainly get taken advantage of.
Insurance companies are not the only reason to opt for a skilled attorney to represent you in your claim. If you are on the fence about retaining an attorney for your case, here are some additional facts to consider:
- Hare Wynn has a long history of helping our clients win cases in Kentucky – more than 125 years to be exact!
- Hare Wynn has proven experience in dealing with car accident claims.
- You pay nothing up front for your representation by Hare Wynn.
- Hare Wynn knows how to best handle the insurance company to ensure that you get what your claim is worth.
- A Hare Wynn attorney will handle your case from start to finish and will always be available to take your calls.
- We will handle all of the legal responsibilities of your claim so you can focus on your recovery and getting your life back.
- Our top priority is to help injured victims here in Kentucky.
- Hare Wynn will assist you with non-legal elements of your case as needed, like finding proper medical care.
- At Hare Wynn, we challenge the insurance the companies to give you top dollar in your settlement, or we will take your case to court.
- We want to help you get the justice you deserve in your case.
Do not make the mistake of trying to learn the law so you can take on the challenge of a car accident case on your own. Leave the law to the Hare Wynn attorneys who have real car accident experience with proven success. Our long-standing history of representing injured victims here in Kentucky is what makes us a valuable asset to our community and an even more valuable asset to you.
Why Should You Hire Hare Wynn to Handle Your Car Accident Case?
Hare Wynn has represented injured victims in Kentucky for more than 100 years. Since 1890, we have earned more than 100 verdicts that each yielded more than $1 million. These and our many other victories have earned us rankings among the “Best Lawyers in America,” the “Leading Firms and Lawyers in America,” and the only law firm in Kentucky to be named as the National Law Journal’s “50 Most Elite Plaintiff’s Firms in America.” These are the types of achievements that are reflective of our success and the kind of representation you can expect when we handle your case.
Our track record at Hare Wynn shows the kind of results you will want for your own car accident claim. We cannot guarantee that your results will be in the millions, but know that you will receive the same level of service that achieved those verdicts. No matter whether we settle with the insurance company or if we end up taking your case to court, rest assured that when you select Hare Wynn, you get the best. This level of excellence is recognized throughout Kentucky, so it is always a win to have Hare Wynn on your side.
At Hare Wynn, we never charge for your initial consultation, so you will not lose anything by giving us a call. We will review your claim in detail during this first meeting, and we can help you decide how to proceed.
After an Accident, Get Medical Care and Evaluation
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, get medical evaluation and treatment as soon as you can. It not only helps you and your health, it will also help your injury case. Medical records will provide key evidence about your injuries to insurers and the court.
Common injuries from car accidents include:
- Whiplash – These injuries can take time to manifest. If you feel neck pain hours or even days after an accident, whiplash may be the cause.
- Broken bones – Car accidents involve tremendous force and it’s easy to break bones throughout the body. Victims may require therapy and suffer pain for years.
- Spinal injuries – Spinal injuries can rob you of your mobility and change the course of your life.
- Head injuries – Head injuries in car accidents are all too common. In some cases, traumatic brain injuries and other long-term problems can occur.
- Internal organ damage and bleeding – In the event of an accident, victims could suffer severe and possibly life-threatening damage to their internal organs.
- Cuts and bruises – Flying debris, broken glass, and jagged pieces of metal can leave injuries and scars on victims. Treatment can be expensive and result in permanent disfigurement.
Don’t let someone else’s carelessness behind the wheel harm your future. Hire a legal team that knows how to get results for people just like you.
Protecting You and Your Loved Ones
If you’re injured in a car accident, it’s important to protect yourself as soon as you can. Your case will need evidence from the crash scene, police reports, medical records, and many other documents. Our experienced car accident attorneys will work quickly to protect you and your case. We’ll handle every aspect of the investigation and recovery so that you can focus your time and energy on healing.
If you’ve been injured, our attorneys can help in many ways. We can:
- Investigate the cause of the accident and preserve important evidence.
- Build the strongest case possible from accident evidence, police reports, and medical records.
- Negotiate with insurers to secure the resources and benefits you need.
- Take your case to court. With years of experience litigating and winning car accident cases, we know how to fight and win.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, don’t wait to take action. The sooner you can act on your case, the stronger it will be. Contact us today at (859) 550-2900.
Kentucky Car Accident Statistics
Kentucky is a dangerous place to drive. According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Kentucky is ranked as the #11 most dangerous state for car accidents.
In a review of the car accidents that occurred in Kentucky, average fatalities are listed as 19.38 per 100,000, with total fatalities for the year coming in at 13,147.
Alcohol use plays a major role in traffic accidents statewide, with alcohol being named a factor in nearly 30% of Kentucky car accident fatalities. This statistic is slightly lower in Kentucky’s more urban areas like Louisville and Lexington, but with this high level of occurrence, no one can consider themselves totally safe.
According to Kentucky’s 2017 Traffic Collision Facts Report:
- There were a reported 721 fatalities on public roads in 2017.
- There were a total of 23,961 collisions on public roads in 2017.
- There were a total of 136,979 accidents reported that took place on public roads in 2017.
- Approximately 1 of every 5,575 Kentucky residents died as a result of a fatal traffic accident on a public road in Kentucky.
- About 1 in 121 Kentucky residents were injured in a traffic collision in 2017.
- Approximately 1 of every 22 licensed drivers in Kentucky were involved in a traffic collision.
- There were 544 males versus 238 females killed in a traffic accident in 2017.
- 16.5 percent of all individuals who lost their lives in a collision were between 15 to 25 years old.
- 67 percent of all collisions in 2017 occurred between two or more moving vehicles.
Statewide, Kentucky saw a nominal reduction in car accident fatalities between 2017 and 2018. Law enforcement is using this as a major cause for celebration; however, this small 7% reduction is minimal. If you have lost a loved one due to a car accident fatality, you understand that every life is a devastating loss. Hare Wynn is available to assist you in a wrongful death claim if you are facing these unfortunate circumstances. We are available to support you through these trying times and help you recover compensation to
pay for medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and for pain and suffering.
We Fight for Victims and Their Families
At Hare Wynn, we have the experience, resources, and knowledge your case needs. For over 125 years, we’ve helped our clients obtain the results they need.
We can handle every aspect of your car accident case including investigation, negotiations with insurers, and the pursuit of justice and compensation in the court system. Our car accident attorneys will work with local investigators to figure out what happened, then plan a legal strategy to help you recover.
No matter the type of the car accident, or the cause, we can help you. Contact us today by calling (859) 550-2900 or filling out our online contact form for a free consultation.