Bicycle riders know how to protect themselves, but even with the right safety equipment, accidents still happen. Kentucky bicyclists have very little protection on the road and it’s easy for bicycle accidents to result in severe injury. When you’re injured in a bicycle accident, the Kentucky attorneys at Hare Wynn can build your case and pursue the recovery you need. We’ll be there during every step of the process, and throughout it all: we’ll fight for you.
The experienced Kentucky bike accident attorneys at Hare Wynn understand the challenges that bicycle riders face. Whether you’re dealing with your own health insurance or a car driver’s insurance, we can help. We have over 125 years of helping clients pursue the compensation they need to heal. Our accident recovery work has been recognized by The National Law Journal and other leading publications. If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident, contact us today.
We’ve represented bicycle riders throughout the country, and we know what it takes to build a successful bicycle accident case. We offer a free initial consultation, so if you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident, call (859) 550-2900 or use our contact form to get in touch.
What Can a Bicycle Accident Attorney Do for My Case?
Bicycle riders face unique challenges that others on the road do not. Bicycle riders are often treated as second-class citizens and are not given the rights and space they need on the road. Beyond that, towns and cities have wildly different rules that govern where and how bicycles may operate. If you’ve been injured, an attorney can help you understand your situation and explore options for recovery.
Our bicycle accident attorneys can help you:
- Investigate the accident. We’ll work with local investigators and authorities to understand what happened to you. We’ll look at witness reports, traffic camera footage, and many other sources to determine what happened and who was responsible.
- Review applicable traffic law. Every town and city treats cyclists differently. We’ll review the facts of your case, then look at local and state law to determine liability. It can be confusing to determine what your legal rights were at the time of an accident. Our attorneys can help.
- Evaluate your injuries and determine the amount of recovery. Bicycle riders value their health and their safety. If you’ve been injured in an accident it can slow you down and make you wary of riding in the future. Our experienced attorneys will talk with you, examine your medical records, and help you determine how much your recovery should be.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance companies handle claims all the time, and they want to pay out as little as possible. They’re looking out for themselves. If you’ve been injured, get the professional representation you need. Our attorneys know how to deal with insurance companies and in any negotiations, they’ll look out for you.
- Craft a legal strategy and pursue your claim in court. Many bicycle accident cases settle before a trial is needed. However, if your case needs to go to court, our experienced attorneys can handle every aspect of your case from start to finish. We’ll gather evidence, develop legal strategies, and pursue compensation for you.
We are ready to help you if you’ve been hurt in a bik accident. Don’t wait until it is too late to file your claim and get the justice you are owed.
We Handle All Types of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle riders are often sharing the road with cars and trucks. When drivers don’t see or don’t yield to bicycle riders, it’s almost always the bicycle rider who ends up hurt. At Hare Wynn we’ve represented bicycle riders in all types of accident cases including:
- Failure of drivers to yield. Bicycle riders deserve respect, but too often, they don’t find it on the road. In many situations, bicycles have the same rights as other vehicles on the road. However, bicycle riders are often treated as though their rights don’t matter. When a car driver fails to yield and strikes a bicycle rider, the car driver is often at fault.
- Driving under the influence. Cars are dangerous enough as it is. When drivers consume drugs or alcohol then get behind the wheel, they’re putting bicyclists’ lives on the line.
- Hit and run accidents. When cars hit bicycle riders, the car driver may leave the scene of the accident. You may not have had time to identify who hit you. We’ll investigate and help you pursue compensation for your injuries.
- Distracted drivers. Move and more people are distracted when driving. When distracted drivers are on the road with bicycle riders, it’s all too easy for a bicycle rider to be struck and injured.
- Hazardous road conditions. Bicycle riders depend on safe roads. When construction isn’t marked, or debris is dropped on the road, it can spell disaster for riders.
- Wrongful death. Drivers on the road should give bicycle riders the rights and space they are entitled to. When they don’t, it’s easy for a bicyclist to be killed. If you’ve lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, we can walk you through the legal process and help you find the justice you need.
Bicycle riders have many rights on the road. We’re proud to help bicycle riders in Kentucky stand up for their rights and recover compensation for their injuries. If you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident, contact us at (859) 550-2900 for a free consultation.
If You’re Injured in a Bicycle Accident, Hare Wynn Can Help
Bicycle riders have little protection on the road, but when it comes to fighting for your rights, there is help for victims. With over 125 years of experience in Kentucky, Hare Wynn knows how to pursue justice and compensation in your case. Our skilled attorneys have handled all types of bicycle accident cases and they’re committed to helping bicycle accident victims and their families find the justice and resources they need.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, it’s important to get the representation and guidance that you need. No matter how you were injured, we can help you. For a free consultation with Hare Wynn’s experienced attorneys, call us at (859) 550-2900 or fill out our online contact form today.